Acceptable Usage Policy
Configures UK Usage policy is to act as a neutral provider of access to the global Internet. Configures UK reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customers access to any or all services provided by Configures UK can be suspended if it sees right to. The following are considered violations of Configures UK AUP (acceptable use policy)
- Illegal Usage: Configures UK services are not to be used for legal purposes or support illegal goings-on. Configures UK has the right to cooperate with legal authorities or any parties involved with in the investigation suspected of any crime or wrong doing.
- Harassment: Configures UK does not permit users to post or transmit material online harassing individuals or organizations
- Threats: Configures UK does not permit any material to be posted or transmitted online that encourages or threatens people, businesses or property.
- Impersonation or forgery: Configures UK does not permit content that misleads users by impersonation or forgery therefore misleading and deceiving must not take place. Attempting to impersonate or forge websites will resort to your account being suspended. The use anonymous nicknames does not constitute to impersonation.
- Fraudulent Activity: Configures UK does not permit websites that make fraudulent transactions. Fraudulent products, services are not authorized and financial scams such as chain letters or pyramid schemes are not permitted.
- Unsolicited bulk emails and commercial email: Configures UK does not support SPAM so any spam from the servers will resort to the account being terminated.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: If any website encourages spam then the account will be deactivated immediately.
- E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending Configures UK.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Configures UK service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet SPAMing: Configures UK has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the Configures UK service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Configures UK or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Configures UK account is subject to immediate termination.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the Configures UK service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the Configures UK service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Configures UK Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account termination. Configures UK will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the Configures UK service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Copyrights: Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Accounts may not run proxy scripts of any kind. This is not strictly limited to PHPProxy or CGIProxy this also includes any others.
- Third Party Accountability: Configures UK subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Reseller accounts may not be used to offer any form of free domain hosting services. Violations will result in immediate suspension of service
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using Configures UK services could result in suspension service.
- Accounts may not be used as torrent trackers of any kind. This includes torrent trackers of legitimate content.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution